Go Ahead - Give It a Try!
Go Ahead - Give It a Try! RealtyU – November 6, 2012 How many of these acronyms can you identify? Hint: They are all real estate related.
Ok – so one was a ringer, but that’s half the fun. How did you do?
• AHIC – Affordable Housing Investors Council - the mission of the Affordable Housing Investors Council to increase knowledge of the benefits of investing in affordable housing tax credit properties, to educate corporate investors on all aspects of affordable housing, and to discuss issues of importance to investors in the industry
• DINK – Dual Income No Kids - Dual Income No Kids is a weblog discussing personal finance for couples. Miel & James are an international couple: Miel currently works in Afghanistan & James is a criminology Ph.D. student in Washington, DC.
• HOPWA – Housing Opportunities For Persons With AIDS - HUD's Office of HIV/AIDS Housing manages the HOPWA program in collaboration with 44 state and area CPD offices in providing guidance and program oversight. The Office works with other HUD offices to ensure that all HUD programs and initiatives are responsive to the special needs of people with HIV/AIDS.
• OFHEO – Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight - charged with ensuring the capital adequacy and financial safety and soundness of two government sponsored enterprises - Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. On July 30, 2008, the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 combined OFHEO and the Federal Housing Finance Board (FHFB) to form the new Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
• UGMA – Uniform Gift To Minors Act – An act is some states that allows assets such as securities, where the donor has given up all possession and control, to be held in the custodian's name for the benefit of the minor without an attorney needing to set up a special trust fund. • WAC – No not Women’s Air Corps … “With Approved Credit” – something that is getting a lot tougher today.
Well, there is an easier to way to get the answers than racking your brain. Real Estate Wiki (www.realestatewiki.com) has grown into huge repository for information relating to the real estate industry. With over 24,000 entries and growing, the website has become the number one resource for both industry insiders and consumers. Industry Focus
Real Estate Information
• People In Real Estate
• Real Estate Companies
• Real Estate Service Providers
• Government Associations & Organizations
• Real Estate Almanac
• Home Selling FAQs
• Home Buying FAQs
• Home Ownership FAQs
• Real Estate General
And most importantly – Your Personal Profile. If its not there now it should be. You can easily create an account and upload your profile and photo … and it’s free. While you are there, take a moment and share some of your knowledge and expertise. It’s easy to do and will be appreciated by your fellow professionals and the home buyers and sellers that are looking for assistance.